Erie Thames Powerlines Corporation has applied to the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) to increase typical residential electricity distribution rates by $2.70 per month. Other customers may also be affected. The distribution rate increase of $2.70 per month as provided by Erie Thames Powerlines in its application was revised to $2.40 using the most up-to-date information.
OEB Community Meeting
The OEB held a community meeting in Ingersoll on December 12, 2017. The purpose of this meeting was to hear directly from Erie Thames Powerlines customers about the requests that Erie Thames Powerlines has made in its rate application and to tell customers about the OEB’s rate review process.
OEB Staff Community Meeting Report
February 26, 2018 - OEB staff has issued a report summarizing comments, questions and concerns raised during the community meeting by customers who attended the meeting. The report is available publicly.
OEB Staff Report to Registrar
March 14, 2018 - OEB staff has issued its report to the Registrar identifying the issues that staff recommends should be considered for hearing and the recommended process for the hearing.
OEB Decision on Scope of Review
June 14, 2018 - The OEB has issued its Decision on Scope of Review for Erie Thames Powerlines' electricity distribution rate application. This Decision has been issued under the OEB's Proportionate Review pilot project.
- Decision on Scope of Review (dated June 8, 2018)
Rate Application (pdf)
- Exhibit 1 – Executive/Application Summaries, Bill Impacts & Administrative Documents
- Exhibit 2 – Rate Base
- Exhibit 3 – Operating Revenue
- Exhibit 4 – Operating Costs
- Exhibit 5 – Cost of Capital
- Exhibit 6 – Revenue Deficiency
- Exhibit 7 – Cost Allocation
- Exhibit 8 – Rate Design
- Exhibit 9 – Deferral & Variance Accounts
Rate Models & Work Forms (xlsx)
- Application Checklist
- Chapter 2 Appendices
- Bill Impacts
- Tariff Schedules
- Income Tax and Payment-in-lieu-of-Taxes
- Retail Transmission Service Rates Work Form
- Lost Revenue Adjustment Mechanism Variance Account
- Deferral & Variance Account Work Form
- Revenue Requirement Work Form
- Load Forecast
- Cost Allocation