Hydro One Networks Inc. has applied to the Ontario Energy Board to raise its electricity distribution rates effective January 1, 2018 and continuing each year for another 4 years, until December 31, 2022. If the application is approved, a typical residential customer of Hydro One Networks Inc., using 750 kWh per month, would see increases as set out in the table below:
2018 an increase of $2.79 per month
2019 an increase of $2.47 per month
2020 an increase of $2.31 per month
2021 an increase of $1.95 per month
2022 an increase of $2.23 per month
Other customers, including businesses, may be affected as well.
Hydro One Networks Inc. has also acquired the electricity distribution assets of Norfolk Power, Haldimand County Hydro and Woodstock Hydro. The distribution rates for the former customers of these distributors will remain frozen at current levels until December 31, 2020. As part of this application, on January 1, 2021, and January 1, 2022, the distribution rates for these customers will also be increasing.
If the application is approved, a typical former residential customer of these three distributors, using 750 kWh per month, would see increases as set out in the table below:
- Norfolk Power - $3.18 per month in 2021, $1.09 per month in 2022
- Haldimand County Hydro - $4.52 per month in 2021, $1.09 per month in 2022
- Woodstock Hydro - $1.08 per month in 2021, $0.84 per month in 2022
Other former customers of these distributors, including businesses, may be affected as well.
Hydro One Networks Inc. has also applied for new service charges and for adjustments to many of its specific service charges, including increases to charges for the collection of accounts, for disconnection, reconnection and removal of load control devices and for access to Hydro One Networks Inc. power poles. You are encouraged to review the application carefully to determine whether you may be affected by these changes.
The Ontario government has introduced the Fair Hydro Act, 2017 that, if passed, would implement electricity rate reductions starting in the summer of 2017. The amounts set out above are provided before the application of any credits that would be implemented under the Fair Hydro Act, 2017.
- OEB letter to Hydro One Customers, Re: Procedural Order No. 1 and Additional Customer Engagement Steps in the Rate Hearing
- OEB’s Procedural Order No. 1
- See the OEB's Community Meeting presentation detailing Hydro One's request and the Fair Hydro Act's impact on their bills (pdf)
- Participer à l’examen par la CEO de la requête tarifaire de Hydro One (pdf)
- Learn more about the Fair Hydro Act, 2017
Details and Updates
The OEB held a series of Community Meetings:
- Meeting notice
- OEB Community meeting presentation (pdf)
- Hydro One presentation (pdf)
- Meeting summary (pdf)
- L'assemblée communautaire CEO - présentation (pdf)
- Présentation - Hydro One (pdf)