Past community meetings
Hydro One Networks Inc.
- Meeting notice
- OEB Community meeting presentation (pdf)
- L'assemblée communautaire CEO - présentation (pdf)
- Hydro One presentation (pdf)
- Présentation - Hydro One (pdf)
- Meeting summary
- OEB Decision
InnPower Corporation (Mar 9, 2017)
E.L.K. Energy Inc. (Mar 2, 2017)
Welland Hydro-Electric System Corp. (Jan 31, 2017)
Rideau St. Lawrence Distribution Inc. (Jan 16, 2017)
Atikokan Hydro Inc. (Jan 9, 2017)
Thunder Bay Hydro Electricity Distribution Inc. (Nov 23, 2016)
London Hydro Inc. (Nov 15, 2016)
Northern Ontario Wires Inc. (Cochrane) (Nov 2, 2016)
Northern Ontario Wires Inc. (Kapuskasing) (Nov 2, 2016)
Natural Resource Gas Limited (Oct 13, 2016)
Renfrew Hydro Inc. (Oct 6, 2016)
Canadian Niagara Power Inc. operating as Eastern Ontario Power (Sep 14, 2016)
Canadian Niagara Power Inc. (Sep 13, 2016)
Brantford Power Inc. (Jul 14, 2016)
What happens at community meetings?
- Speak with utility representatives directly and ask why they want the change they’re proposing
- Ask us questions about our process and find out how to get involved
- Give us your comments about an application, which we give to the decision-makers to consider as part of the hearings process
If you come to a community meeting, you will be able to provide us your comments verbally or in writing. You can also give a presentation. We keep notes about all verbal questions and comments at the meeting. We also file a report so the decision-makers at the Ontario Energy Board are aware of all the concerns that utility customers raise about an application – the very people who may be affected by the changes their utility is requesting.
Unable to attend a community meeting? Visit the current rate applications page to:
- Find out when upcoming community meetings and hearings are being held.
- Provide your comments online and look at other people’s comments.
- See related documents, regularly updated.
If you are unable to attend a meeting you can also email us or send a letter.
When are meetings held?
We hold community meetings in your area when your utility files a major application for a rate increase. Before we make a final decision about their application, we ask members of the community to tell us what they think.
We also let you know we’re coming to your area by publishing information in local newspapers, and through special announcements on this website and utility websites.
If you’d like to make a brief presentation at a community meeting, contact us at BoardSec@oeb.ca or call 1-877-632-2727 (toll-free). Let us know in advance that you’re coming, or simply show up, and we’ll be sure you have the opportunity to express your views.
You have the right to comment when your utility asks for a rate change. Community meetings are one way to be heard. You can also:
- Attend a hearing. Visit current rate applications. If an application has a hearing date, it will be listed with the application information.
- Listen to a live-streaming hearing if one is going on right now
- Participate as an intervenor
- Send us a letter with your comments about a specific current rate application