Save on Energy is operated by the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) and provides information and services to homeowners, tenants and eligible social housing providers on how to improve energy efficiency.
The IESO has confirmed that Save On Energy does not call consumers and ask to schedule a home audit. Instead, interested consumers have to sign up or fill out a contact form before receiving a call back from the program service provider.
Save on Energy is asking customers who receive an unsolicited call or home visit from someone claiming to be from Save on Energy to exercise caution and let the agency know by email: email@example.com.
Consumers with questions or concerns about any sales calls or door-to-door experiences are encouraged to contact the OEB at 1-877-632-2727 within the hours of 8:30 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Know who you’re dealing with – If someone calls you, ask for the name of the person you are speaking with, the company they represent and their telephone number.
- Ask for ID – If someone is at your door, ask to see identification, including a business card and ID card with the sales representative’s company information.
- Protect your personal information – Do not feel compelled to share your personal information. Your utility bill is private. It contains personal information like your account number and energy usage.
- Consumers interested in Save on Energy Home Assistance Program can go to saveonenergy.ca or call 1-855-591-0877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fill out a contact form, you will receive a call back from the program service provider within two business days.
- Consumers concerned about any phone or door-to-door solicitations can contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
- Consumer Alert (pdf)