Our Ontario Pipeline Coordinating Committee acts as an important bridge with industry, to coordinate various activities involving natural gas pipelines in the province.
What does the Ontario Pipeline Coordinating Committee do?
The Ontario Pipeline Coordinating Committee coordinates the review of natural gas projects in Ontario that require Ontario Energy Board approval – such as pipeline construction and projects related to the storage of natural gas in geological formations. It reviews environmental assessments, considers reports prepared by the energy companies and raises any concerns with applicants before they submit their applications to the Ontario Energy Board. The Committee’s mandate and the steps in its review process are set in the OEB Environmental Guidelines for Hydrocarbon Pipelines and Facilities in Ontario.
The Committee is made up of government ministries and agencies that have a role in reviewing natural gas transmission and distribution facility projects. It is chaired by a staff member from the Ontario Energy Board.
- Zora Crnojacki (Chair), Ontario Energy Board
- Helma Geerts, Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Ministry of Rural Affairs
- Karla Barboza, Ministry of Heritage Sport Tourism and Culture Industries
- Tony Difabio, Ministry of Transportation
- Kourosh Manouchehri, Technical Standards and Safety Authority
- Keith Johnston, Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry
- Maya Harris, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Michelle Knieriem, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Western Municipal Services Office
- Michael Elms, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Eastern Municipal Services Office
- Bridget Schulte-Hostedde, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Municipal Services Office - North (Sudbury)
- Representative to be assigned, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Municipal Services Office - North (Thunder Bay)
- Katy Potter, Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP), Environmental Assessment Branch
- Jonathon Wilkinson, Ministry of Energy
- Cory Ostrowka, Infrastructure Ontario