- Residential customers are protected from electricity and gas service disconnections for non-payment from November 15 to April 30.
- If you were disconnected for non-payment before November 15, electricity and gas distributors have until December 1 to reconnect you.
- Electricity distributors may not install load control devices which limit how much electricity is supplied to a home from November 15 to April 30.
- Don’t forget! Electricity and gas distributors can continue to charge you late payment fees on past due amounts during the winter disconnection ban period. Please stay in-touch with your utility and set up a payment plan.
- The OEB’s customer service rules are in place to protect you. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a utility customer:
Go to oeb.ca/billhelp to learn more about financial assistance programs to find out if you qualify for help with your energy bills.