The archived material below is provided for historical purposes only. Current versions can be found on Corporate governance and reports.
Copies of older Business Plans can be provided upon request.
- OEB Business Plan 2020-21 (pdf)
- OEB Business Plan 2019-22 (pdf)
- Letter from the Deputy Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines (pdf) (Mar 21, 2019)
- Letter from the Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines (pdf) (Apr 17, 2019)
- Letter to Regulated Entities and Other Stakeholders re Policy Initiatives (pdf) (Jun 19, 2019)
- Business Plan Balanced Scorecard Performance Audit (pdf) (Apr 21, 2020)
- OEB Business Plan 2018-21 (pdf)
- OEB Business Plan 2017-20 (pdf)
- OEB Business Plan 2016-19 (pdf)
- Audit Results of 2016-17 Business Plan Achievements (pdf) (Apr 27, 2017)
- OEB Business Plan 2015-18 (pdf)
- Letter to Stakeholders (pdf) (Oct 27, 2015)
- Audit Results of 2015-16 Business Plan Achievements (pdf) (May 13, 2016)
- OEB Business Plan 2014-17 (pdf)
- Letter to Stakeholders (pdf) (Aug 21, 2014)
- Audit Results of 2014-15 Business Plan Achievements (pdf) (May 14, 2015)
The Report with Respect to Decision-Making Processes at the OEB contains recommendations for the greater use of codes, rules and guidelines for policy making, in order to enhance how parties participate in hearings, and new approaches to settlement. Implementation of some of these recommendations may require changes to the OEB's Rules of Practice and Procedure. The Report also contains recommendations regarding the role of staff in hearings. These recommendations have been implemented.
- Letter to Stakeholders (pdf)
- Letter from Board Secretary (pdf)
- A Report with Respect to Decision-Making Processes at the OEB (pdf)
December 1, 2011 - The OEB initiated a process to develop a systematic framework to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of its policies. The OEB believes that an evaluation framework for Board policy could be an important tool to:
- assess whether the objectives of its policies have been met; and
- encourage continuous improvement (as on-going monitoring may reveal issues that can be addressed).
The Staff Report to the Board on the Proposed Evaluation Framework sets out the framework to achieve these goals.
The OEB posted a survey and report prepared by Elenchus Research Associates on behalf of the OEB. The survey looks at practices of regulators in other jurisdictions with regard to regulatory cost measures. The report presents its findings and makes recommendations to the OEB.