The report provides information on the number of energy customers who received LEAP funding, how much funding was given and the amount of the average grant, among other data.
LEAP EFA provides a one-time grant towards electricity or natural gas bills arrears to qualified customers. It is for emergency situations. Customers who are behind on their bills and have been disconnected or are at risk of having their service shut off can apply for support.
LEAP EFA is one of several ways that the OEB protects vulnerable consumers. Learn more at oeb.ca/billhelp.
LEAP EFA – By the numbers for 2018:
- LEAP dispersed $5,479,174 in emergency grants to 8,644 electricity customers and $2,744,962 in emergency grants to 5,599 natural gas customers
- The average electricity grant was $429
- The average natural gas grant was $415
- 63 electricity distributors and 5 natural gas distributors took part in LEAP EFA
- 163 social agencies assisted customers in applying for LEAP EFA