The Stakeholder Engagement Framework sets out the OEB’s approach to engaging with stakeholders to ensure accessible and fair participation that is transparent, well planned and efficiently coordinated.
- Stakeholder Engagement Framework (pdf) (Jun 3, 2021)
Current Progress Report:
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2022
OEB Stakeholder Engagement Purpose
The OEB engages with stakeholders to build mutually beneficial, enduring and trusted relationships with those affected by its work. Engagement is an integral part of the OEB’s ability to execute its mandate, gain insights and deliver sound policy decisions that support sector sustainability and innovation, Ontario’s economy and to protect consumers and provide public value.
TESTIMONIALS from OEB Policy Day
“Good balance of hearing from OEB leadership and opportunity to provide feedback.”
“OEB staff that led the breakout rooms were great. They had a good handle of the issues and generated discussion.”
75% of Policy Day survey respondents found Policy Day an effective event that enabled their engagement with the OEB.
Outcomes & Evaluation
The OEB is committed to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its engagement with stakeholders over time and will monitor and measure its progress. The OEB will regularly review the Stakeholder Engagement Framework (SEF) and will always welcome input from sector participants on improvement opportunities. This reporting period covers from October – December 2022.
Modernization @ OEB
- Recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2023
- Hosted Second Annual Policy Day
- Recognized with two International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Canada Silver Leaf Awards of Merit
- Published, in EDA's The Distributor magazine, an article highlighting efforts to drive modernization through Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Issued Generic Hearings Protocol
- Launched consultation on the Reporting and Record-keeping Requirements
Previous Progress Reports: