This consultation will focus specifically on the gas supply and transportation planning process undertaken by the gas distributors in order to gain a deeper understanding of the risk/cost tradeoffs being made as they develop their plans.
The distributors will present information about their plans that will;
- Outline their underlying principles
- Highlight the risk/cost trade-offs being made
- Enable the OEB and stakeholders to compare and contrast the plans side by side, and understand the basis for those differences
- Increase the understanding of the implications of the plans and distributor actions under various scenarios, in order to demonstrate the cost impact of the plan under those scenarios. Scenarios will include but not be limited to the following;
- Lower demand than the planned condition
- Higher demand (both peak-day and over-all system demand) than the planned condition.
- Other significant variant scenarios that fall outside of the normal operating assumptions of the plan.
The issue of whether the existing QRAM process remains appropriate was discussed at the annual Natural Gas Market Review held in January 2016.
|Date||Issue / Document|
|August 12, 2016||
The OEB has posted a Staff Report to the Board in relation to its consultation on Distributor Natural Gas Supply Planning.
|March 16, 2016||
The OEB has posted details on the March 22, 2016 forum. Participants and distributors will have the opportunity to discuss the comparison document developed by the distributors.
|February 17, 2016||
The OEB has posted a letter inviting participants to a half day forum on March 22, 2016.
|January 8, 2016||
The OEB has posted the final Table of Contents.
|December 14, 2015||
The OEB has posted a Draft Table of Contents. Participants are asked to review and provide written comments, if necessary, by December 18, 2015.
|November 30, 2015||
The OEB has posted the agenda for the December 3, 2015 conference.
|November 27, 2015||
The OEB has posted presentations for the December 3, 2015 conference.
|November 9, 2015||
The OEB issued a letter that addresses the Stakeholder input received by the OEB prior to the October 29th deadline and provides a preliminary agenda for the conference that is to be held on December 3, 2015.
|October 16, 2015||
The OEB is initiating a consultation on distributor gas supply planning.