The Board initiated a consultation process to examine issues associated with the implementation of Smart Grid. This consultation was intended to assist the Board in gaining a better understanding of the technical issues associated with Smart Grid and in considering the need for and nature of policies or measures that could address those issues. This is in keeping with the Minister’s Directive which requires the Board to provide guidance to licensed electricity transmitters and distributors and other regulated entities that propose to undertake smart grid initiatives/activities.
Related policy initiatives:
SMART GRID WORKING GROUP
The SGWG will provide advice to Board staff on the technical aspects and related details to be addressed in the guidance to be provided by the Board in respect of the implementation of smart grid.
List of Member Organizations for the Smart Grid Working Group:
- Association of Major Power Consumers of Ontario (AMPCO)
- Bell Canada
- Building Owners and Managers Association of the Greater Toronto Area (BOMA)
- Cambridge and North Dumfries Hydro
- Chatham-Kent Hydro
- Cornerstone Hydro-Electric Concepts (CHEC)
- Direct Energy
- Festival Hydro
- GE Digital Energy Smart Substations
- General Motors of Canada (part-time)
- Hydro One Networks Inc.
- Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
- Measurement Canada
- Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA)
- Toronto Hydro-Electric System Ltd.
- Utilities Kingston
- Veridian Connections
Disclaimer: Information contained in working group notes/documents represent the views of the individuals participating in the working group only, and in no way reflect official Ontario Energy Board position or opinion.
Smart Grid Working Group
|Date||Issue / Document|
|November 29, 2012|
|November 20, 2012|
|November 8, 2012|
|May 10, 2011|
|April 27, 2011|
|April 12, 2011|
|March 29, 2011|
|March 15, 2011|
|March 1, 2011|